Textkit Logo

Need Help with a short sentence

Here's where you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Moderator: thesaurus

Need Help with a short sentence

Postby COPLAND 3 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:32 pm

I have a short sentence from a 9th century writer Sedulius Scotus which he commented on Ephesians 1:5-6 5 Who has predestinated us to the adoption of children through Jesus Christ to himself: according to the purpose of his will: 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, in which he has graced us in his beloved son.

The part I need translated is
Ad hoc nos elegit, ut essemus sancti & immaculate, in futura vita, quondam Ecclesia Christi non habebit maculam, nec ruga.

If you need the link to where it is found you can find it on the right side of the page here http://www.archive.org/stream/bibliorum ... 9/mode/1up

Thank you!
COPLAND 3
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Need Help with a short sentence

Postby adrianus » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:11 pm

This is a learning site, I thought. Why don't you try to translate it yourself and show us your efforts?

Ad latinum sciendum hoc situm, credidi. Cur non tu ipse versionem aggrederis et periculum offers?
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.
adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Return to Learning Latin