We're off on our holidays!!

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Einhard
Textkit Member

We're off on our holidays!!

Post by Einhard »

Salvete omnes,

Just looking for comments on the following notice from the Nuntii Latini homepage:

Nuntii Latini ob ferias aestivas ad sex septimanas intermittuntur, quam ob rem proxima emissio non ante quam Nonis Augustis (5.8.) fiet. Restat, ut auscultatoribus nostris gratias quam maximas agamus et iisdem aestatem quam optimam exoptemus.

Nothing too difficult there, although I'm slightly confused as to what the "Restat" in the second line accomplishes. "It remains to...." seems most likely.

My translation:

Nuntii Latini is pausing for six weeks because of summer holidays, therefore the next transmission will not occur before the 9th of August. It remains to give very great thanks to our listeners and for them a wonderful summer

That about sums it up, I think. Any comments appreciated.

Thanks!

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Re: We're off on our holidays!!

Post by adrianus »

Looks good (apart from Nonis Augustis = 5th August)
Bonum est (separatim nonis augustis = quinto mensis Augusti die).
exoptemus
= "for us to wish" (quod jam scis, non dubito)
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.

Einhard
Textkit Member

Re: We're off on our holidays!!

Post by Einhard »

Thanks for that!