Textkit Logo

Latin via Ovid answer key

Here's where you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Moderator: thesaurus

Latin via Ovid answer key

Postby Ovidius » Sun May 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Hello everyone, I'm a new member and I'd like to introduce myself. am a former latin and greek student and, years later, I am trying to re-learn both tongues on my own (I still remember almost all the grammar). I never really achieved fluency in either, though. Anyway, along with other texts, I am currently refreshing my knowledge of latin by using "LvO". While I like how the text is structured, I suffer from the lack of an answer key in the back of the book. I own the exercise book (that does include an exercise key), but there are few english-to-latin translation exercises. Does anyone of you own an official/unofficial answer key to the actual volume?
Ovidius
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Latin via Ovid answer key

Postby adrianus » Thu May 19, 2011 1:32 pm

I looked but found none, Ovidius.
Clavem quaesivi, Ovidi, non repperi.
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.
adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Postby Interaxus » Fri May 20, 2011 12:13 am

Adriane:

I have the Teacher's Guide to Latin via Ovid, which is more or less an Answer Key. Can't remember exactly how I came across it (a year or two ago). This evening I scanned it into a file (for my own personal amusement and use). First I scanned the paper pages into jpg files. Then I created a Word file and INSERTED all the jpg 'picture' files at one fell swoop. Then I started a free download program called PDF24 and just dragged the doc file into its Edit Window, where it was immediately converted into a pdf file. I call that neat!

But here's the catch. What does the great god Copyright say about distributing such a file to someone else? For example, to a friend, or to a fellow Latin enthusiast on another planet (naturally for no pecuniary reward)? Seems a shame I can't upload such an otherwise unavailable aid to somewhere it can be found by needy autodidacts. :(

Thoughts, anybody?

Cheers,
Int
Interaxus
Textkit Enthusiast

Postby adrianus » Fri May 20, 2011 12:34 am

That is neat, Interaxus. // Est, Interaxe, venustè factum.

Regarding the catch, what can one say? In the EU, copyright endures in a work for 70 years from the death of the author and the idea of copyright is to protect against unauthorised copying.

De problemato isto, quid dicamus? Intra Unionis Europaeae fines, jus auctoris septuagintos annos post mortem creatoris in opere manet, cuius juris argumentum est contra duplicationem extrajudicialem servare.
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.
adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Postby SanMarcosEric » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:00 am

Anyone interested in setting up a Latin via Ovid page on Facebook where we can work together on the problems. We can simple print out the questions, but can certainly talk about the grammar. Also, can we e-mail an answer list?
SanMarcosEric
Textkit Neophyte

Postby SanMarcosEric » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:00 am

Anyone interested in setting up a Latin via Ovid page on Facebook where we can work together on the problems. We can simple print out the questions, but can certainly talk about the grammar. Also, can we e-mail an answer list?
SanMarcosEric
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Learning Latin