adventum equitatus Quinto nuntiaverunt.

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
black countess
Textkit Neophyte

adventum equitatus Quinto nuntiaverunt.

Post by black countess »

his is my home work and it's bit difficult for me.

1)adventum equitatus Quinto nuntiaverunt.

2)Postquam Salvius fabros qui laborabant in casa dimisit, cum Decimo loqui coepit.

3)Senex, cui sellas mensasque heri vendidi, hodie eas emere non voluit.

4)Horatius, prope ianuam villae stans, canes latrantes spectabat.

5)Milites, a centurionibus instructi, in longis ordinibus stabant.

i tried to translate them but they didnt make sense.
black countess
Candidatus (Applicant)

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: adventum equitatus Quinto nuntiaverunt.

Post by thesaurus »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1225
If you are learning Latin:
II. Please provide your own translation, or explain with very good reason why this is not possible. If you have questions about an exercise in a book, please post both the English and Latin so the person helping you can answer your questions more easily. People are less likely to answer your questions promptly if you only post your answers and the exercise number without the original question.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Re: adventum equitatus Quinto nuntiaverunt.

Post by adrianus »

Welcome. You did attempt one word in Latin, black countess. Note that, if you are feminine, candidatus should be candidata.
Gratus tuus adventus. Unum vocabulum latinum ausa es, cometissa nigra. Nota autem: tu feminina candidatam scribere debes.
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.