LATINE DISCE: a web for learning Latin vocabulary

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Cattus
Textkit Neophyte

LATINE DISCE: a web for learning Latin vocabulary

Post by Cattus »

Hi

Let me introduce you the web that I have been developing during the last months. It is a web for learning and revising Latin vocabulary.

You can find it here: http://www.latinedisce.net

The web has the following resources:

- a basic multilingual dictionary (Latin, Spanish, Catalan and English);
- a word browser with an option to export to Excel;
- several exercises and tests than can be configured;
- a short selection of webs about Latin

I hope you like it.

Edited 11/11/2012
I have change a little the name of the web:
from LVDVS: latine disce to LATINE DISCE
Last edited by Cattus on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Re: LVDVS: a web for learning Latin vocabulary

Post by adrianus »

It looks good, Cattus. Personally I don't speak Spanish so I can't manage the interface.

Bonum id mihi videtur, Catte. Ego autem, qui Hispanicè non loquar, circum interfaciem navigare non possum.
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.

Cattus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Cattus »

The web is also in English. In the footer of every page you can change the language.
From now on, if your browser has English as the default language the web should will be in English automatically. Only the blog is only in Spanish.

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Post by adrianus »

Thanks, Cattus. I liked the test page particularly. Note, by the way, Latin patentia is not the same as patientia.
Gratias, Catte. Probationis pagina mihi praesertim placuit. Notes obiter hoc: patentia latinè non significat patientia.
Last edited by adrianus on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.

Cattus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Cattus »

Yes you are right. It is patientia the word that it must be in the dictionary. I forgot the i when I inserted it. I have just corrected this word.

Thank you.

vastor
Textkit Neophyte

Post by vastor »

Looks wonderful cattus. I'm writing a program in ncurses along similar lines to help me practise vocabulary, paradigms, and idioms from latin for beginners. And this will no doubt aid me greatly. Many thanks for your hard work.