Translation Please

This board is a composition workshop, like a writers' workshop: post your work with questions about style or vocabulary, comment on other people's work, post composition challenges on some topic or form, or just dazzle us with your inventive use of galliambics.
Lorddreamthief
Textkit Neophyte

Translation Please

Post by Lorddreamthief »

Im sorry if this the wrong place to post this bu i was wanting some help translating htis into latin, the online translators aren't very good and can't translate Micro or macro as they are Greek words. I think Magni could be used for macro but im unsure of the endings. the phrase is

In the micro, the macro is revealed.

I would very much appreciate your help.

Thanks

Kasper
Textkit Zealot

Re: Translation Please

Post by Kasper »

On the assumption you are not planning to get this tattooed (i'm not sure what it would say about the subject body part if you did :P (we have to stop these sparrow discussions...)), i think a viable translation is:

In exiguissimis maxima aperiuntur

Literally, in the smallest things the largest things are uncovered/laid bare.
“Cum ego verbo utar,” Humpty Dumpty dixit voce contempta, “indicat illud quod optem – nec plus nec minus.”
“Est tamen rogatio” dixit Alice, “an efficere verba tot res indicare possis.”
“Rogatio est, “Humpty Dumpty responsit, “quae fiat magister – id cunctum est.”

Lorddreamthief
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Translation Please

Post by Lorddreamthief »

Haha im not sure what it would say about me if it were for a tatoo. No it's for a website and the translation is perfect for what i want.

Thank you very much