Lexica help (Deutsch-Griechisch)

This board is a composition workshop, like a writers' workshop: post your work with questions about style or vocabulary, comment on other people's work, post composition challenges on some topic or form, or just dazzle us with your inventive use of galliambics.
spiphany
Textkit Enthusiast

Lexica help (Deutsch-Griechisch)

Post by spiphany »

Hi all. I stumbled across this site a couple of days ago and am quite excited to find such a lively and active forum here. And other people who are interested in composing in Greek and Latin.

I'm trying to translate some poems into Greek as a personal challenge and I'm getting fed up with having to go through a bunch of English dictionaries to try to come up with a Greek equivalent of the German. (My Greek vocabulary isn't large enough yet that I can come up with the words without having to look them up.)

I was wondering if anyone here knows whether there's a searchable German-Greek or, failing that, Greek-German dictionary available online somewhere. I can't seem to find one. My other question, then, is how I can go about acquiring a physical dictionary from here in the US. I don't know where to begin--what titles or authors to look for and so forth, and would appreciate it if someone here can point me in the right direction.
IPHIGENIE: Kann uns zum Vaterland die Fremde werden?
ARKAS: Und dir ist fremd das Vaterland geworden.
IPHIGENIE: Das ist's, warum mein blutend Herz nicht heilt.
(Goethe, Iphigenie auf Tauris)

Kostas
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Lexica help (Deutsch-Griechisch)

Post by Kostas »

What German-Greek dictionary are you looking for? If your looking for a modern Greek dictionary, then there is http://www.goreo.de