Great IDEA!

Are you learning Koine Greek, the Greek of the New Testament and most other post-classical Greek texts? Whatever your level, use this forum to discuss all things Koine, Biblical or otherwise, including grammar, textbook talk, difficult passages, and more.
Geoff
Textkit Fan

Great IDEA!

Post by Geoff »

It just looked sad that no one posted to this one yet :( , so I decided to go ahead :D

I love this textbook. It works great along with the Green textbook available right here on Textkit. They follow a similar approach (nouns first, verbs later...). I'd reccomend using them together.

I've got tons of questions about some of the statements in the textbook, but work has made me slack off from Greek for a bit :oops: , but I'll get back to it soon.

Great Idea, I've been looking for this exact thing, and found nothing like it on the net. BTW see www.biblicaltraining.org for Mounce's own summary lectures on this text.

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

I had the chance to browse the book before mailing it on to our Greek Book winner. It's really a first-class textbook. The treatment of declensions and stem/case endings was excellent and actually quite a bit clearer than other textbooks, such as J.A.C.T Reading Greek (IMHO).

Jeff
Textkit Founder

chris
Textkit Neophyte

Post by chris »

It's great to see a forum for Mounce's text. I used it to learn n/t greek
successfully after giving up on a couple of others.(I couldn't ever get past
3rd dec. nouns!) Mounce's treatment of morphology actually made it easier for me to learn.Also the separation of nouns and verbs was a big help.I wholeheartedly recommend it.

Also I am interested in moving on to classical greek but I heard it is better to start with Homer than on attic. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

mariek
Global Moderator

Welcome to Textkit!

Post by mariek »

Hi Chris! Welcome to Textkit!

You'll find lots of Greek grammars, readers, and ebooks on this site. Just click on the "Learn Ancient Greek" and "Classical E-Books" links above.