BBG

Are you learning Koine Greek, the Greek of the New Testament and most other post-classical Greek texts? Whatever your level, use this forum to discuss all things Koine, Biblical or otherwise, including grammar, textbook talk, difficult passages, and more.
Tracy
Textkit Neophyte

BBG

Post by Tracy »

I have the BBG text book and workbook...but my text book isn't the newest edition. Will that matter for the study group? I know sometimes they make updates with newer editions and I purchased mine in 2002.

Tracy

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Re: BBG

Post by Bert »

Tracy wrote:I have the BBG text book and workbook...but my text book isn't the newest edition. Will that matter for the study group? I know sometimes they make updates with newer editions and I purchased mine in 2002.

Tracy
Even if you had the 1st edition, it would be fine. Different printings for the same edition probably only changed a few typos.
The workbook has to be the second edition though.

Geoff
Textkit Fan

Post by Geoff »

The Workbooks are signifigantly different, but the substance of the textbooks are the same. THe organization of the materials is the main difference in the textbooks. You will have flip forward or backwards from the rest of the group from time to time to read the proper material for the lessons. It is not very dramatic though.

Mounce's website lists the differences in a downloadable file. I'd suggest getting this document and either keeping it in your textbook or making the appropriate notes to yourself in the book.

http://www.teknia.com/index.php?page=bbgresources