Textkit Logo

BBG

Are you learning New Testament Greek with Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback. Use this forum too to discuss all things Koine, LXX & New Testament Greek including grammar, syntax, textbook talk and more.

BBG

Postby Tracy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:04 pm

I have the BBG text book and workbook...but my text book isn't the newest edition. Will that matter for the study group? I know sometimes they make updates with newer editions and I purchased mine in 2002.

Tracy
Tracy
Textkit Neophyte

Re: BBG

Postby Bert » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:12 am

Tracy wrote:I have the BBG text book and workbook...but my text book isn't the newest edition. Will that matter for the study group? I know sometimes they make updates with newer editions and I purchased mine in 2002.

Tracy

Even if you had the 1st edition, it would be fine. Different printings for the same edition probably only changed a few typos.
The workbook has to be the second edition though.
Bert
Textkit Zealot

Postby Geoff » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:24 pm

The Workbooks are signifigantly different, but the substance of the textbooks are the same. THe organization of the materials is the main difference in the textbooks. You will have flip forward or backwards from the rest of the group from time to time to read the proper material for the lessons. It is not very dramatic though.

Mounce's website lists the differences in a downloadable file. I'd suggest getting this document and either keeping it in your textbook or making the appropriate notes to yourself in the book.

http://www.teknia.com/index.php?page=bbgresources
Geoff
Textkit Fan

Return to Koine Greek And Mounce's Basics of Biblical Greek