New Basics of Biblical Greek software?

Are you learning Koine Greek, the Greek of the New Testament and most other post-classical Greek texts? Whatever your level, use this forum to discuss all things Koine, Biblical or otherwise, including grammar, textbook talk, difficult passages, and more.
refe
Textkit Neophyte

New Basics of Biblical Greek software?

Post by refe »

I heard from a professor I've been meeting with recently that Mounce is working on a new version of Basics of Biblical Greek that will turn it into something of an online software system. Has anyone here heard anything about that? Totally hearsay at this point, although from a reliable source in this case. I'm interested to find out what it might look like. It's about time someone brings the learning of New Testament Greek into the 21st century. Of course, it will have to be much more than just an interactive point-and-click textbook for it to be truly worthwhile, but there are lots of other things one could do to use technology to improve the learning experience. Vocabulary sections with built-in flashcard drilling, immediate feedback on exercise answers and review quizzes, audio readings, searchable indexes, etc.
εἰς ἔπαινον δόξης τῆς χάριτος αὐτοῦ
http://www.GreekingOut.com

jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Re: New Basics of Biblical Greek software?

Post by jaihare »

I've sent an e-mail to teknia.com to see if they will confirm it. I'll let you know if I get an answer.

jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Post by jaihare »

So, yes. BBG has moved to OliveTree. :)

I got an e-mail back from Bill himself. I'm waiting for permission to post it here, but basically he said that it's now available on OliveTree and will be available soon on Accordance. It will continue to be printed and available as a print text, as well. That's basically the rundown of his e-mail without quoting him here just yet. :)

naphayes00
Textkit Neophyte

Post by naphayes00 »

Gladly, I was able to find Greek New Testament (NA27) with Mounce-Koivisto Morphology and Concise Dictionary. I've been looking for it for ages. Olivetree has everything I need. William D. Mounce and Rex A. Koivisto must have done a great thing.