Iliad book 1 Vocabulary

Are you reading Homeric Greek? Whether you are a total beginner or an advanced Homerist, here you can meet kindred spirits. Besides Homer, use this board for all things early Greek poetry.
jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Iliad book 1 Vocabulary

Post by jaihare »

I have done as someone suggested and created a list of relevant vocabulary for the first book of the Iliad using the Perseus Project's vocabulary tool. I formatted it and put it into a spreadsheet and turned it into a pdf. It can be accessed here (12 pages, 43KB). There are some words for which the software did not provide a gloss, and I didn't feel free to add one. Perhaps I'll do this again at some point in the future and fill in the gaps, but I can't do it right now. What is there, I hope it will be helpful.

Regards,
Jason

grdSavant
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Iliad book 1 Vocabulary

Post by grdSavant »

jaihare wrote:I have done as someone suggested and created a list of relevant vocabulary for the first book of the Iliad using the Perseus Project's vocabulary tool. I formatted it and put it into a spreadsheet and turned it into a pdf. It can be accessed here (12 pages, 43KB).... What is there, I hope it will be helpful.
Thank you. I don't need it today so I have tucked it away for when I get to the Iliad in a year or so.
words are such a poor representation of reality. please listen to what I mean, not what I say.

iwaka
Textkit Neophyte

Post by iwaka »

The link can no longer be accessed. If someone would be so kind as to re-upload the file, I (and others, I'm sure), will appreciate it greatly. Thanks in advance!

jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Post by jaihare »

iwaka wrote:The link can no longer be accessed. If someone would be so kind as to re-upload the file, I (and others, I'm sure), will appreciate it greatly. Thanks in advance!
Sorry to just get back to you on this. I have discontinued my rights to jhronline.com, so I do not have access to that site anymore. Everything has been erased. Whatever I backed up on my computer has also been lost, since my laptop crashed about six months ago. I don't have access to this sheet anymore. Sorry.