Pharr Group?

Are you reading Homeric Greek? Whether you are a total beginner or an advanced Homerist, here you can meet kindred spirits. Besides Homer, use this board for all things early Greek poetry.
edonnelly
Administrator

Post by edonnelly »

Bert wrote:Just curious. Is the Pharr-D group alive and well?
Yes! We're cruising along nicely and have just started into the Iliad. Our guide is awesome, by the way.
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Great.

Aggelos
Textkit Neophyte

I sent a message to the general forum...

Post by Aggelos »

I made a mistake sending a message to the forum rather than to this subsection... anyway, I woulsd also like to join the new group.
Thanks for consideration
Aggelos

Aggelos
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Pharr Group?

Post by Aggelos »

Socrates the Cyborg wrote:I am starting with Pharr. I would like to do it with a group. Right now I am going at my own pace which is to proceed slowly in fits and starts. Anyone interested?
Sorry but I am not very good at using a computer and I am losing myself in this forum. After two messages sent I cant post them into this section of this forum (Pharr's). Anyway I would like to join in...
Aggelos

perispomenon
Textkit Fan

Post by perispomenon »

Hello Aggelos,

The Pharr group, organized after this thread, started in January. We are now at paragraph 96.

How do envisage joining at this point? Are you already on your way with Pharr or do you have to start out from the beginning?

perispomenon
Textkit Fan

Post by perispomenon »

I have the impression that Pharr-C is also still running?

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

perispomenon wrote:
I have the impression that Pharr-C is also still running?
Yes. There is one member left. He had some trouble so he started over and now he is as section 109 or so.
This won't be of much help for Aggellos unless he is at about that level anyway. In that case he could join your group (Pharr-D.)
If you wish Aggelos, you can join Pharr-C right at the very beginning. I am willing to review your G-E assignments but I can't do the E-G. That would take me way to much time, and time is not what I have a lot of.