Anyone starting Pharr

Are you reading Homeric Greek? Whether you are a total beginner or an advanced Homerist, here you can meet kindred spirits. Besides Homer, use this board for all things early Greek poetry.
cdm2003
Textkit Fan

Post by cdm2003 »

Thanks Paul and Bert...I sent you (Paul) the request to be added and am as good as caught up in the text. I also subscribed to the email list (just awaiting approval). Thanks for letting me sign up at this time and I am quite excited!

Thanks again,
Chris

Sanskrit
Textkit Member

Post by Sanskrit »

I have to excuse myself for not being able to follow the Phar C group. The summer course in mathematics I have to attend is more intense than I had expected. Is it possible to catch up the lessons I skipped later on? How far will everyone be with the exercises after a period of 4 weeks?

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

The schedule is listed here:
http://www.textkit.com/groups/pharr/session-c.php
It will be updated periodically.

kariemasterson
Textkit Neophyte

Can I please join the group?

Post by kariemasterson »

I know I'm late in asking but I just found this list today. I looked at the pdf textbook and assignments and I don't think I'll have much trouble catching up. I have a Ph.D. in Near Eastern Languages. I took quite a bit of Greek in college (UCLA) including Homeric Greek but it's been a few years. I'd like to brush up on my Homeric Greek. Thanks for considering my request.
PS. I sent a subscription request to the list and a request to greekgeek for a uid and pw.

squinz
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Anyone starting Pharr

Post by squinz »

joneill4 wrote:I am about to start Pharr and was wondering if a group might be forming?
Dear joneill4,
I am ready to join a new group, if there were one. I have somer experience regarding ancient Greek and Latin, though I finished my classic studies 20 yrs ago. Noew that I am 40 love to read my old books.
Let's get started

squinz
Textkit Neophyte

Post by squinz »

Bert wrote:The schedule is listed here:
http://www.textkit.com/groups/pharr/session-c.php
It will be updated periodically.
Dear Bert,
is it still possible to join the Pharr session-c? I have just read this message, i hope its not too late!
Thanks for consideration

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

kariemasterson wrote: I know I'm late in asking but I just found this list today. I looked at the pdf textbook and assignments and I don't think I'll have much trouble catching up. I have a Ph.D. in Near Eastern Languages. I took quite a bit of Greek in college (UCLA) including Homeric Greek but it's been a few years. I'd like to brush up on my Homeric Greek. Thanks for considering my request.
PS. I sent a subscription request to the list and a request to greekgeek for a uid and pw.
You are in and you can start entering assignments any time you want
squinz wrote: Dear Bert,
is it still possible to join the Pharr session-c? I have just read this message, i hope its not too late!
Thanks for consideration
You can (1) subscribe to the list (2)and request login tokens and a password from Greekgeek. once you have received confirmation and your tokens, you can start as well.

squinz
Textkit Neophyte

Post by squinz »

Bert wrote: You can (1) subscribe to the list (2)and request login tokens and a password from Greekgeek. once you have received confirmation and your tokens, you can start as well.
I dont know if I am stupid or just clumsy. I'have been trying to join the Pharr's session-c but I cannot find a link or a section where to sign up. Would you please mind giving me the information about how to join this group and how to get the tokens you mentioned?

Thank you very m

Pablito
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Pablito »

Hi, I'm also interested in joining the Pharr group. I would also like to know where I can sign up.
squinz wrote:I'have been trying to join the Pharr's session-c but I cannot find a link or a section where to sign up. Would you please mind giving me the information about how to join this group and how to get the tokens you mentioned?

Thank you very m

Juan Pablo

squinz
Textkit Neophyte

Post by squinz »

Pablito wrote:Hi, I'm also interested in joining the Pharr group. I would also like to know where I can sign up.
squinz wrote:I'have been trying to join the Pharr's session-c but I cannot find a link or a section where to sign up. Would you please mind giving me the information about how to join this group and how to get the tokens you mentioned?

Thank you very m

Juan Pablo
Dear Bert,
how come there are a few people asking how to sign up?
I found this site some time ago and subscribed but nevere managed to join a group...
Thank for consideration
Mario

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

squinz,
check out the third page of this discussion thread.
"Paul" gives information regarding GTSS (the program we use) and how to get the i.d. and password.
"Annis" gives the link where to sign up for the mailing list.

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

Pablito wrote:Hi, I'm also interested in joining the Pharr group. I would also like to know where I can sign up.
We are at lesson IX. It might be difficult to catch up. Have you studied (Homeric) Greek before?