Textkit Logo

New edition of Schoder & Horrigan's READING COURSE

Are you reading Homeric Greek or studying Homeric Greek with Pharr's Homeric Greek - A Book For Beginners? Here's where you can meet other Homeric Greek learners. Use this board for all things Homeric Greek.

New edition of Schoder & Horrigan's READING COURSE

Postby skothari01 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:54 pm

It appears that a new edition of Book I of A Reading Course in Homeric Greek is due to come out next month. The first 80 pages or so are available for download at the publisher's website (Focus Publishing):

www.pullins.com/Books/00978%20Reading%20Course%20in%20Homeric%20Greek.htm

The publisher also states that a new edition of Book II is due out next year.
skothari01
Textkit Neophyte

Postby 1%homeless » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:32 pm

Oh! Oh! Thank you! :D This has been like those scavenger hunt contests to find book 1. People were charging an arm and a leg for book 1 if you can even find it. I see this new edition is revised.
1%homeless
Textkit Enthusiast

A Reading Course in Homeric Greek

Postby gatesgl » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:51 am

:( I was unable to use your link to download the above listed copy of the manual. It continually took me to an upper level of a Google search mode. :(

gatesgl
gatesgl
Textkit Neophyte

link

Postby skothari01 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:33 pm

sorry about the link...i am not particularly "ept" with computers. i think you can get there by going to the main website (www.pullins.com). on the main screen, click on "latin and greek literature". on the next screen, click on "greek". the next screen will list their "first year greek texts". the book is listed there; by clicking on it, it will take you to the book's webpage.
skothari01
Textkit Neophyte

Re: link

Postby mingshey » Fri Nov 26, 2004 12:20 am

skothari01 wrote:sorry about the link...i am not particularly "ept" with computers. i think you can get there by going to the main website (www.pullins.com). on the main screen, click on "latin and greek literature". on the next screen, click on "greek". the next screen will list their "first year greek texts". the book is listed there; by clicking on it, it will take you to the book's webpage.

This will work :wink:

I love it that it hands out the free sample of almost a fifth of the book! :o :D
mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Postby Borealis » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:24 pm

This is great news! I somehow tracked down a copy of the first edition of the first volume through my local library (they found one in Toronto), and photocopied the entire book so I wouldn't have to learn the Greek language in three weeks. :)

Now I'll get the new edition, which unfortunately doesn't include the quotations and some of the essays from the first edition (the second edition didn't include them either). But since I've got the first one anyway, I'll be able to compare the two once I get this one.

At least I know what I want on my Christmas list now. :D
phpbb
Borealis
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Homeric Greek and Pharr's Homeric Greek - A Book For Beginners