Textkit Logo

Reading Group -- London

Use this forum to organize a study group around a specific textbook. Before starting, you might wish to advertise your plan on other forums first.

Reading Group -- London

Postby Labqi » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:02 am

Hello everyone.

I have been learning Greek for about a year, and I would very much like to meet other learners, particularly to form a reading group. I suspect speaking classical Greek aloud would much help myself and many others; to that end, if there is anyone in London (UK), who would like to form a reading group for ancient greek (all levels), I guess here is the place to post!!
Labqi
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Reading Group -- London

Postby seneca2008 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:47 pm

I wondered whether you got any response to your post? have you managed to find anyone to form a reading group with? Do you know about the summer courses at UCl and Kings?

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/classics/events/summerschoolinhomer

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/classics/study/summerclass/index.aspx

UCL is also offering an introduction to Hittite. KCL is offering Syriac, Coptic and Biblical Hebrew.
seneca2008
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Reading Group -- London

Postby daivid » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Labqi wrote:Hello everyone.

I have been learning Greek for about a year, and I would very much like to meet other learners, particularly to form a reading group. I suspect speaking classical Greek aloud would much help myself and many others; to that end, if there is anyone in London (UK), who would like to form a reading group for ancient greek (all levels), I guess here is the place to post!!

Hi, I live in London so I am very interested. Perhaps some simple conversation as well?
λονδον
daivid
Administrator

Return to Greek Textbooks and Study Groups