submitting some Gk to Eng ?
1. He has proceeded to Cyrus
2. He/this one will have gladly ceased from the war with the barbarians
3. He dismissed both the general and the satrap
4. The soldiers had proceeded five stages through friendly country
5. Few of the soldiers bought the provisions
6. The hoplites have proceeded onto the summit
7. And the satrap sent into Phrygia for horses and arms and the other equipment
8. The enemy did not desist from shouting the entire day
9. And when/as these also were present, Cyrus marched into the country of the enemy
These were present with him in Sardis. But Tissaphernes was going/went to Artaxerxes; for he did not know that this equipment was for Pisidia. And Artaxerxes, when Tissaphernes said these things, prepares himself in turn.
Cyrus, having these soldiers, marches out from Sardis through Lydia three days journey to the river Meander - and there was a bridge over it. From there he marched out through Phrygia to Colossae.
1. we will be loosed from these terrible things
2. we were hard pressed in the narrow road by the enemy/ies
3. it is said a messengers had come from Darius
4. indeed the bowmen were sent after/for in this way
5. they were being pursued seven parasangs through the plain
6. a letter was written to Clearchus
7. the arms were plundered from the towns by the barbarians
8. on the right twenty hoplites were shot
9. they will be sent by Cyrus to Phrygia from this place
Cyrus remains in that place for seven days; and Menon the Thessalite came with (having) hoplites and targeteers. From there he marches out twenty parasangs towards Celaenae
In that place Cyrus had a palace and a park, in which were savage (wild) animals - these he used to hunt from horseback. For so/in this way he was training the horses. The Meander river flows through the park - its springs flowed (were) out of/from the palace - and it also flows through Celaenae.
1. have thirty bowmen been left behind?
2. at the same time, O Proxene, you had been sent to the bridge
3. the army has been cut down by the enemy
4. a thousand hoplites had been sent by sea
5. (a) few of Cyrus? friends had been abandoned
6. the soldiers had been left
7. from this village a messenger had been sent to Cyrus
8. the tress have been felled
9. Cyrus has dismissed the messenger
10. we have sent for the hoplites from Phrygia
There is also the palace of Artaxerxes in Celaenae, fortified at the springs of the River Marsyas ? and it flows through Celaenae.
There Cyrus stays thirty days, and Clearchus comes with/having a thousand hoplites and slingers and bowmen. At the same time Sophainetos also appears with/having a thousand hoplites. And there Cyrus takes/makes a count of his Greek soldiers in the park, and there were eleven hundred (ten thousand and a thousand) hoplites, and two thousand peltasts/targeteers.