JWW Answer Key Supplement

Use this forum to organize a study group around a specific textbook. Before starting, you might wish to advertise your plan on other forums first.
gfross
Textkit Neophyte

JWW Answer Key Supplement

Post by gfross »

I've decided to make up questions to the statements given as answers in the JWW Answer Key as presented on the following web page:
http://www.ellopos.net/elpenor/study/de ... swer%20Key

I have also translated the questions into English and placed the translation at the end of the questions.

Since I am learning Greek, I would appreciate it if someone more expert than I could take a look at my effort and make any comments. Thanks!

SUPPLEMENT TO JWW FIRST GREEK BOOK ANSWER KEY

41. The answers are answers to the following questions:

1. τί = What? τί ἦν ἐν ταῖς ἀγοραῖς; οἰκίαι μικραί.
2. ποῦ = Where?  ποῦ ἦσαν οἰκίαι; ἐν ταῖς ἀγοραῖς.
3. ποῦ ἦν ἠ στρατιά; ἐν οἰκίᾳ μῑκρᾷ.
4. τί ἔχει θύραν; ἠ οἰκία θύραν ἐχει.
5. τί ἦν μακρόν; ἡ ἡμέρα μακρὰ ἦν.
6. τίνα = Whom? τίνα ἔχουσιν; στρατιὰς μῑκρὰς ἔχουσιν.
7. τί ἔχει θύρας; αἰ οἰκίαι θύρας ἔχουσιν.
8. ποῦ ἦσαν οἰκίαι; ἐν τῇ χώρᾷ οἰκίαι ἦσαν.
9. τί ἦν μῑκρόν; αἰ οἰκίαι μῑκραὶ ἦσαν.
10. πῶς = How? πῶς ἦσαν αἱ θύραι τῶν οἰκῶν; μικραὶ ἦσαν αἱ θύραι τῶν οἰκῶν.

1. What were in the market places? 2. Where were there houses? 3. Where was there an army? 4. What has a door? 5. What was big? 6. Whom do they have? 7. What has doors? 8. Where are there houses? 9. What were small? 10. How were the doors of the houses?

NateD26
Textkit Zealot

Re: JWW Answer Key Supplement

Post by NateD26 »

gfross wrote:1. τί = What? τί ἦν ἐν ταῖς ἀγοραῖς; οἰκίαι μικραί.
If the answer is οἰκίαι μικραὶ (ἦσαν ἐν ταῖς ἀγοραῖς), then the question should
agree in gender and number, at least so I've learned: τίνες ἦσαν ἐν ταῖς ἀγοραῖς;
Nate.

Connor21
Textkit Neophyte

Re: JWW Answer Key Supplement

Post by Connor21 »

I got Junior Analytical Grammar for my 3rd and 4th grader this January with plans to finish in May. My 3rd grade dd is (I thought) advanced in language arts, and my 4th grade ds was behind. Ds has quickly caught up, so even though he's more of a math/science guy, I think his age allowed him to "get" JAG. I don't see a problem with him finishing in May. DD, my perfectionist, is struggling with it. It may be her age.
So, what should I do? I like Growing with Grammar. I thought about ordering that and letting her do that until she's ready to finish JAG, but I really don't want to order yet another piece of curricula so late in the year. Is there any kind of free online practice or anything like that?
I don't know if I could stand to just pause it completely and not do any grammar for the rest of the year...
Or is there a way to just go really slow with JAG? I guess I could just have her do it once or twice a week or something??