Intensive Intermediate Greek

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
Rachel.Adler
Textkit Neophyte

Intensive Intermediate Greek

Post by Rachel.Adler »

Χαιρετε,

I am hoping that someone will be able to advise me regarding whether or not I would kill myself if I attempted the intensive intermediate greek summer course at the University of Chicago. My introduction to greek has been slightly unconventional. I have worked through the first thirty chapters of Mastronarde's book, and I am currently enrolled in a "intermediate readings in greek" course at my college (not very intensive at all!). I'm not all that familiar with the subjunctive, the optative, and the perfect. My sight reading is not that smooth or beautiful yet. In my current class, we are doing readings from the JACT "A Greek Anthology," which allows students like me to comfortably read everything from Herodotus to Aescalus. The vocabulary and grammar is VERY heavily annotated. So, my question is this: how crazy would I be to do a program like this? And if It's not completely insane, what should I do before hand to prepare? Where would most students taking that class be? Thanks so much for your help!

reed4
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Intensive Intermediate Greek

Post by reed4 »

While I can't answer your question directly, I suggest you contact the professor or the University of Chicago Department of Classics and ask.