"Greek Prose Reading Course"

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

"Greek Prose Reading Course"

Post by thesaurus »

Has anyone used any of Malcolm Campbell's Greek Prose Reading Course for Post-Beginners? It looks really handy, with four reading volumes on Philosophy, Historiography, Forensic, and Political Oratory; also, a "basic vocabulary" volume of 1500 common words.

Here's volume 2:
http://www.amazon.com/Greek-Prose-Readi ... 0335MIGFLE

Does post-beginner mean suitable for someone who has finished an intro grammar? Now that I'm beginning my Greek I thought I'd tackle these once I graduate from my grammar textbook.

I also figure I'll try to memorize as many of the 'basic vocabulary' as possible as I enter into it.

Rufus Gulielmus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Rufus Gulielmus »

Χαι?ε!

I've been very curious about these texts for a long time. I'm looking for something to read over the summer break (ie, removed from the guidance of my professors) and I stumbled across this series on amazon awhile ago. From what I see, it looks like they'd be pretty good for what I'm looking for.

Hopefully this thread get some more replies from people who've used the course/texts before--I'd be very interested in hearing what they have to say.

Rufus