Bible commentary in Koine?

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
gregf
Textkit Neophyte

Bible commentary in Koine?

Post by gregf »

Does anyone know whether there exist commentaries of the Bible written in Koine? I'd like to include a Koine commentary along with my English commentaries as I work my way through the Greek NT. Even a paraphrase (à la Gaza) would be helpful.

gregf
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Bible commentary in Koine?

Post by gregf »

I should have known Bedwere would have found something like this already. ;)

http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?cont ... Id=1148888

John Kramer's Catenae Graecorum Patrum

"A commentary of the entire New Testament from the Greek fathers of the Church and edited by John Anthony Cramer (1793-1848). Volume 1: Matthew (epitome of Chrysostom), Mark (Victor of Antioch). John Cramer was educated at Westminster and Christ Church, Oxford. He resided in Oxford till 1844, during which time he held many important offices, being public orator, principal of New Inn Hall (which he rebuilt at his own expense), and Regius Professor of Modern History from 1842 until 1848. In 1844 he was appointed to the deanery of Carlisle Cathedral, which he held until his death at Scarborough on 24 August 1848. Typos in the original edition have been corrected."

gregf
Textkit Neophyte

Post by gregf »

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Here are all of them:

Catenae Graecorum patrum in Novum Testamentum

I hope you'll find them useful!

:)

gregf
Textkit Neophyte

Post by gregf »

Great, thanks!

On a side note: I'd like to order at least one copy (vol. 2) from Lulu, can you tell me how the print looks? The preview looks slightly rough, but perhaps that's just their poor resolution for the pages they display on the website? Have you had a chance to see them on paper?

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

I'm actually reading it on my Kindle right now, not on paper. But in general the Lulu preview does not do justice to any book since, as you notice, it is in low resolution. If you print a page from the pdf on archive.org with your laser print, that will be the quality you're going to get.