Textkit Logo

Athenaze Italian Edition Online

Here's where you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Athenaze Italian Edition Online

Postby bondarev » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:02 am

The Italian Edition of Athenaze (both books 1 and 2) are now available online at Scribd.com.

The link below will take you to one copy, but there are other versions also at the site -- some better than others. Just do a search.

http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/113921675
bondarev
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Athenaze Italian Edition Online

Postby Markos » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:46 pm

I suppose I should thank you for providing this link because I had heard a lot about the Italian Athenaze but had never seen it or a preview of it. I like very much what I see.

On the other hand, I wonder about the legality, or even the ethics, of having a complete still-in-copyright text posted on line. I know that you did not post it, and that raises a further ethical issue. I would never, I think, post such a text myself, but if someone else does it, it seems silly to ignore it. I happen to think that having a text like this on-line is likely to result in more print copies sold, not less, but that may or may not be the feeling of the publisher. It remains a gray area ethically and legally.
Markos
Textkit Zealot

Return to Learning Greek