JACT Reading Greek

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
NothingComplicated
Textkit Neophyte

JACT Reading Greek

Post by NothingComplicated »

Καιρε!

After attending a 'Polis' course in Rome in July (which was brilliant) and learning Greek (Koine) as if it were a living language I decided to continue - but with Attic (which hasn't caused too many headaches)...and am using the JACT Reading Greek text on my own. I'm now at roughly section 6 - and while it's fine doing it on my own I wondered whether there was anyone out there wanting to do a kind of online study group. I'm not sure how it would work - but it would be a good way of keeping each other motivated through some of the difficult times! My aim is to have finished the course by around May of next year which I hope isn't too optimistic?

If anyone is interested - reply!

Markos
Textkit Zealot

Re: JACT Reading Greek

Post by Markos »

This may not be what you are looking for--though maybe it is since you studied with Rico--but I would be willing to discuss the JACT readings not in English, but in Ancient Greek. We could ask each other simple questions in Greek about the readings and grammatical points. If you are interested, start a thread in Greek here:

viewforum.php?f=12

χαρήσομαι δὴ γράψων σοι Ἑλληνιστί!