Ever thought of a "Learning Greek wiki"

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
kalowski
Textkit Neophyte

Ever thought of a "Learning Greek wiki"

Post by kalowski »

Like wikipedia, but specifically about learning the language. Each wiki page could be based around lessons. I'm using White's so I could start to write up (since it's out of copywrite) the first lessons and people could add concepts, ideas and opinions to it.

If people thought it was a good idea I could host it on my site.

If people don't. I understand. :D

For those of you who don't know what a wiki is it's an updateable set of web pages that can be read and edited by readers.

Hu

Post by Hu »

I think that's pretty much what Textkit is already.

easternugget
Textkit Neophyte

Post by easternugget »

One thing that might be nice about that is the accessibility. If you only want information on one specific thing you have to search through the PDF files of large books. With the information all in a Wiki, it would lend itself to easy searching and surfing. Links would also be a bonus. As you are reading along and you come across a term you don't know or want to be refreshed about, click on the link and read the article on that. It would be a lot easier than scrolling up and down trying to find things.

Branflakes
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Branflakes »

wikibooks?

kalowski
Textkit Neophyte

Post by kalowski »

Branflakes wrote:wikibooks?
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek

We can do better than that!

(Well, not me, I'm a quarter of the way through White) :oops: