OT: Circe & Odyseuss

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
JauneFlammee
Textkit Neophyte

OT: Circe & Odyseuss

Post by JauneFlammee »

Quick Question not language related: I could have sworn I remember one of odyseuss's men chose to stay on the island with circe and remain a swine. I can't find it anywhere. (Although I do have a terrible memory - maybe I remember seeing it in a comic book somehwere instead of reading it in the Oddysey.)

Anyway, did this happen? - if so a name of who stayed or a reference would be a great help. Thanks.

(Note to self - before painting a classical oil painting of Circe and a swine commemorating this vague memory of mine - find out if it really happened)

Sorry for the off topic post - I had no idea where else to ask to ask for help with this question. Thanks.

aso
Textkit Neophyte

Post by aso »

none of them remained swine, but elpenor gets drunk and falls off of circe's roof (10.552). odysseus runs into his shade in hades and buries him when he returns to circe's island, but after that, odysseus and his crew leave without incident (c. 12.144).