Textkit Logo

Cassius Dio

Here's where you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Cassius Dio

Postby Misopogon » Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:48 pm

Hi fellow textkittens/texkitoi
I am looking for Cassius Dio's Historia Romana on line (greek text) or for downloading, has anyone a link?
Thanks
Misopogon
Textkit Member

Postby Skylax » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:35 pm

The Didot edition, published 1845 onwards with French introduction and translation is available from http://gallica.bnf.fr/. If you search Dion Cassius as "auteur" (author), you will get five results, of which the four last ones are the edition of Dio's Roman History.

Procedure :
Click on the upper gray square (with a book inside) near the number of the item searched you want to download (in your case you will begin with # 2).

Click on "Télécharger" (Download, in red at the top of the page), click on the little "ok" in a ring at the bottom of the following screen, then on the next screen click on "en cliquant ici" with the right button of the mouse and click on something that read in French "Enregistrer la cible du lien sous..." (Save link target under... or something else in English, anyways it is the fourth line in the menu that appears when clicking with the right button).

Hope this will work.
Skylax
Skylax
Textkit Enthusiast

Postby Misopogon » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:46 pm

Hi Skylax,
Thanks a lot, I didn't know Gallica.fr, it looks a very useful site and moreover I know French enough (I am learning it)! Unfortunately I have some problems with my browser (mozilla under linux) but I see I can create pdf files for downloading.
Regards
Misopogon
Misopogon
Textkit Member

Return to Learning Greek