Textkit Logo

Greek dictionary online

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.

Greek dictionary online

Postby Carola » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:08 pm

I have tried searching the forum to see if anyone knows of a good on-line Greek dictionary - like Whittaker's "Words" program for Latin. However, it is hard to search for something so specific with 2 words used so much on this forum! So forgive me if there have already been 25 posts about this subject!
I have tried using the Perseus site but it is rather frustrating and I'd rather be able to use it off-line. Any help would be much appreciated.
Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Greek dictionary online

Postby Bert » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:24 am

Carola wrote:I have tried searching the forum to see if anyone knows of a good on-line Greek dictionary - like Whittaker's "Words" program for Latin. However, it is hard to search for something so specific with 2 words used so much on this forum! So forgive me if there have already been 25 posts about this subject!
I have tried using the Perseus site but it is rather frustrating and I'd rather be able to use it off-line. Any help would be much appreciated.

I would have suggested Liddell and Scott (available through Perseus :wink: ) but what do you mean when you say an on-line dictionary that you use off-line?
Bert
Textkit Zealot

Postby Carola » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:29 am

Yes, well I can see why that would sound confusing! :oops:
I don't know if you have ever used Whittaker's Words - they have an on-line word look up, but you can also download a program to use off-line to do the same thing. So if I am working on the laptop in some remote corner of the house I don't have to find a modem to go onto the internet.
Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Return to Learning Greek