Textkit Logo

Greek dictionary online

Here's where you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Greek dictionary online

Postby Carola » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:08 pm

I have tried searching the forum to see if anyone knows of a good on-line Greek dictionary - like Whittaker's "Words" program for Latin. However, it is hard to search for something so specific with 2 words used so much on this forum! So forgive me if there have already been 25 posts about this subject!
I have tried using the Perseus site but it is rather frustrating and I'd rather be able to use it off-line. Any help would be much appreciated.
Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Greek dictionary online

Postby Bert » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:24 am

Carola wrote:I have tried searching the forum to see if anyone knows of a good on-line Greek dictionary - like Whittaker's "Words" program for Latin. However, it is hard to search for something so specific with 2 words used so much on this forum! So forgive me if there have already been 25 posts about this subject!
I have tried using the Perseus site but it is rather frustrating and I'd rather be able to use it off-line. Any help would be much appreciated.

I would have suggested Liddell and Scott (available through Perseus :wink: ) but what do you mean when you say an on-line dictionary that you use off-line?
Bert
Textkit Zealot

Postby Carola » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:29 am

Yes, well I can see why that would sound confusing! :oops:
I don't know if you have ever used Whittaker's Words - they have an on-line word look up, but you can also download a program to use off-line to do the same thing. So if I am working on the laptop in some remote corner of the house I don't have to find a modem to go onto the internet.
Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Return to Learning Greek