Textkit Logo

Lexicon with Diagammai

Here's where you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Lexicon with Diagammai

Postby yadfothgildloc » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:30 am

Someone, in a different thread, mentioned that they had a (mental?) lexicon of Homer with Digammas. Is there a print one? Or any good list of what words had digammas where?
yadfothgildloc
Textkit Member
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:40 pm
Location: oupou

Re: Lexicon with Diagammai

Postby annis » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:47 am

yadfothgildloc wrote:Someone, in a different thread, mentioned that they had a (mental?) lexicon of Homer with Digammas. Is there a print one? Or any good list of what words had digammas where?


Well the Cunliffe Homeric dictionary indicates them parenthetically. L&S should as well where needed. For a quick list Section 14 of Seymour's Introduction to the Language and Verse of Homer has at least a Homeric list of likely suspects.
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;
annis
Textkit Zealot
 
Posts: 3397
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:55 pm
Location: Madison, WI, USA

Re: Lexicon with Diagammai

Postby yadfothgildloc » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:04 am

annis wrote:Well the Cunliffe Homeric dictionary indicates them parenthetically. L&S should as well where needed. For a quick list Section 14 of Seymour's Introduction to the Language and Verse of Homer has at least a Homeric list of likely suspects.


Just the LSJ, or would my middle Liddell have them also?
yadfothgildloc
Textkit Member
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:40 pm
Location: oupou

Re: Lexicon with Diagammai

Postby annis » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:07 am

yadfothgildloc wrote:Just the LSJ, or would my middle Liddell have them also?


:shock:

My Middle Liddell doesn't have them! So only the LSJ.
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;
annis
Textkit Zealot
 
Posts: 3397
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:55 pm
Location: Madison, WI, USA

Postby annis » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:08 am

Note: I use [face=spionic]a)/nac[/face] as the test word.
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;
annis
Textkit Zealot
 
Posts: 3397
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 4:55 pm
Location: Madison, WI, USA

Postby yadfothgildloc » Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:23 am

Thank you very much.
yadfothgildloc
Textkit Member
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:40 pm
Location: oupou

Postby Thucydides » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:22 pm

I think Monro has an even better list than Seymour
phpbb
User avatar
Thucydides
Textkit Fan
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 9:46 pm
Location: Christ Church Oxford

Postby yadfothgildloc » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:36 am

I'll take a look at it.
yadfothgildloc
Textkit Member
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:40 pm
Location: oupou


Return to Learning Greek

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ben Clark, daivid and 35 guests