All the Greek Verbs

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
rad
Textkit Neophyte

All the Greek Verbs

Post by rad »

I'm reading enough Greek now to get stuck on the verbs. The reviews of Marinone's reference book of All the Greek Verbs are either very positive or very negative. From the description, though, the book sounds as if it's what I need. Does anybody use this book?

Surion
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Surion »

Hi!,

I use it but rarely. And that's the way it should be used. It works for your memory when you don't remember verb forms and also when they're not quite predictable (Greek :wink:). It's great when you can't find what the strange verbe in your text is but you should use it only when there's no other way to find out :smile:. Just because to neglect memory and brain is evil :cool: . You should try to use grammar books and vocabularies as long and persistent as possible. If you use Marinone often you don't practice and develope your greek skills - that's the point at which Marinone's opus is to be thougt negative of. Nevertheless, it's very handy and usefull when there's no hope left - which happens when you learn Greek, doesn't it?

Regards!!! :smile:
Surion