Textkit Logo

"A Reader's Greek New Testament

Here's where you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

"A Reader's Greek New Testament

Postby Johny Ze » Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:34 am

Hey everyone, how's it going? I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to read this version of the New Testament, and can give me an opinion on it's "goodness?" I read some reviews off Amazon.com, which didn't seem to encouraging, but was just wondering what everyone else thought. thanks

John
Johny Ze
Textkit Neophyte

Postby mingshey » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:19 am

I didn't see what RGNT is like. But I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Nestle-Aland. Beautiful typeface and the critical apparatus. Just for reading any kind of the Greek text, the internet resources are abundant. But if you want to keep a volume fit for study, not only for reading, then NA is the choice.
mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Postby klewlis » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:06 pm

NA is definitely the standard. However, I think that the Reader's GNT probably has reading aids included, which is likely what Johny Ze is looking for.

If it is mainly vocab help that is needed, I recommend a combination of NA with Kubo's "Reader's Lexicon", which includes all but the most common vocab, arranged by book, chapter, and verse.
klewlis
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Learning Greek