Textkit Logo

Thank God for tutors!

Here's where you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Thank God for tutors!

Postby hapm » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:48 pm

Tomorrow my wife and I will be going back home to Iowa after a week Boulder, Colorado where I have been able to do nine hours of tutoring in ancient Greek with Brenda Black. Since January I have been trying to get started with this language and only managed to get the basic pronunciation thanks to the berkeley site. Working with Brenda I am beginning to get traction and I am hoping to build on this momentum back in Iowa.
If anyone knows of a tutor in Iowa City or southeast Iowa please let me know.
How about a human resource thread in this forum? Based on my experience it is worth traveling to work with someone in person.

Hap Mullenneaux
hapm
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Thank God for tutors!

Postby Markos » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:39 pm

I also live in the Boulder/Denver area and am available to tutor, especially in Conversational Ancient Greek, which is my speciality. I'd be willing to travel if the circumstances were right.
I am writing in Ancient Greek not because I know Greek well, but because I hope that it will improve my fluency in reading. I got the idea for this from Adrianus over on the Latin forum here at Textkit.
Markos
Textkit Zealot

Re: Thank God for tutors!

Postby pster » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:10 pm

Markos wrote:I also live in the Boulder/Denver area and am available to tutor, especially in Conversational Ancient Greek, which is my speciality. I'd be willing to travel if the circumstances were right.

Do you do Skype tutoring? If so, PM me.
pster
Textkit Zealot

Return to Learning Greek