Best print on demand company?

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
pster
Textkit Zealot

Best print on demand company?

Post by pster »

I remember someone saying once that one print on demand company did an especially good job because they didn't just photocopy the original, but rather somehow reformatted/refonted it. Does anybody know more about this?

Which Smyth do folks like from this list?

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/Searc ... ar&x=0&y=0

ragnar_deerslayer
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Best print on demand company?

Post by ragnar_deerslayer »

Smyth's original 1920 work is now out of copyright and has been reprinted by a number of different companies. However, it was updated in 1956 by Gordan Messing and published by Harvard University Press. This version is still under copyright and only published by Harvard UP. This is the version that most people refer to when they sing the praises of Smyth, and the one most will encourage you to get.

You can get it here.

Mark
Read my blog! --> Study Greek

pster
Textkit Zealot

Post by pster »

Got my Harvard Smyth in the mail today! My goal now is to reference Smyth more than Nate!

NateD26
Textkit Zealot

Post by NateD26 »

pster wrote:Got my Harvard Smyth in the mail today! My goal now is to reference Smyth more than Nate!
It's not a competition, mate. Besides, I do not own a hard copy of the book; the bookmarked pdf is sufficient.
Nate.

pster
Textkit Zealot

Post by pster »

It was a compliment! :lol: I wish I knew my away around Smyth as well.

The Harvard binding is typical hardcover. But the Kessinger print on demand books have super bindings. Hope the paper is acid free because the bindings will last forever. (Font test: ᾅβ)