new books arrived!

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
SeanL
Textkit Neophyte

new books arrived!

Post by SeanL »

Not that anybody should care, but I don't have anyone immediately to hand in my life who could get properly excited for me. I just received by mail my copy of the intermediate Liddel and Loeb's Lucian, vol. 1. I am still waiting for Patristic Greek Reader. Reading Lucian is way way way down the road, and he will sit on my shelf a while as a tempting treat and "carrot." What a delight just to hold it in my hands and skim the pages, recognizing a few words! I don't know what the sentences mean yet, but even recognizing something, actually several somethings, was an utter delight. "Hey, I know what that means! And there's a verb -- no clue what it means, but I know it's an aorist! And over there, why I do believe I see an adjective."

-- Sean

cscase
Textkit Neophyte

Re: new books arrived!

Post by cscase »

Woohoo, books!

I know what you mean about having a "carrot" book. I have one here among my books as well, a book that I like to look at and smell but which I can't very much actually read (yet!). :P

Scott