Classical Outlook - Fall 2009 Issue

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
rustymason
Textkit Fan

Classical Outlook - Fall 2009 Issue

Post by rustymason »

χαίρετε, ὦ φίλοι,

I just received the Fall 2009 Classical Outlook journal from the American Classical League, and I must say it is a rare issue among classical journals.

Particularly exciting contents:
* Several modern pop songs turned into Greek, complete with clever new English lyrics next to the Ancient Greek, as well as five or six pages of discussion and notes about turning Greek verse.
* A mathematical method to teach and remember Greek letter combinations
* Ten pages about the new College Greek Exam -- development of the test, test questions, scores and other stats, vocabulary lists, and an example exam.
* The grading of the 2009 Latin AP exams, with actual questions, student responses, answers, scores, and helpful commentary

Unusually useful stuff.

There are also poems in English and Latin; a review of new elementary curriculum, The Great Latin Adventure; news on the Dickinson Summer Latin Workshop; a review of Lloyd Gerson's Ancient Epistemology; and a few other things.

I received this journal because of my membership in the American Classical League (ich denke).
http://www.aclclassics.org/

ἔχετε τύχῃ ὰγαθῇ!
Robiginosus Caementarius