I thought that would be easy...it wasn`t
I guess there are mountain of mistakes in my translation some sentences are complete mess:( That`s why I need some help
1. The slave gave the snake to Cleopatra by (using) a trick
[face=SPIonic]O( dou=lov e)/dwke ton\ o)/fin Kleopa/tra| th|= mhxanh|/[/face]
I thought of Dat. instrumenti here
2. I love you, Cleopatra, and I am trying to save you.
[face=SPIonic]A)gapa/w se/, Kleopa/tra, kai\ peira/omai e)sw|=sai se/.[/face]
[face=SPIonic]sw/|zw[/face] probably have a different aorist
3. I have beem wounded by an enemy like you
[face=SPIonic]E)trw/qhn u(po\ tou= polemi/ou o(moi/ou soi/[/face]
4.Since I am so wise, I love boy's sole.
[face=SPIonic]E)pei\ ei)mi\ toiau/thn sofi/an a)gapa/w paido\s yuxh/n[/face]
is it Acc Greacus?
5. I, being a woman, am much wiser than all man.
[face=SPIonic]Gunaiko\s ou(/shs ei)mi\ ma=llon sofh= tw=n pa/ntwn a)/ndrwn[/face]
or it is better to use [face=SPIonic]h\([/face]
6. whose country have I come to, my companions?
[face=SPIonic]W)=| e(/tairoi ei)s ou(= a)nqrw/pou xw/ran h)/lqon[/face]
7. The greeks will make Cyrus king
[face=SPIonic]O(i E(llh/nes Ku=ron katasth/sousi basile/a[/face]
8. The queen heard the messenger but could not understand his words
[face=SPIonic]H( basi/leia h)/kouen to\n a)/ggelon a)lla\ suni/ei tou=s lo/gous a)utou=[/face]
I am not sure about the tense -should it be imperf or aorist?