exercises and reading

Are you learning Latin with Wheelock's Latin 6th Edition? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback.
aot
Textkit Neophyte

exercises and reading

Post by aot »

So i have been hitting wheelock pretty hard over the last week or two and I am up to chapter ten now, but I have found that the number of exercises in each chapter is not quite sufficient for my needs. Does anyone know of a site where I can find further sentences for translation based on what I should know at this point? I have found a few places that have some basic stuff but not the longer sentences of the type I would like to work with.

Also, can anyone suggest some simple latin works that I could start reading? I am not expecting to be able to understand the whole thing. I would like something that is in its original form and at about the level of complexity that I should understand at the end of wheelock.

William
Textkit Fan

Post by William »

Hi aot,

Congratulations on your recent progress.

Besides the exercises in each chapter have you been doing the exercises in the back of the book? There is also the Workbook for Wheelock's Latin which I believe has additional exercises. (I don't use it, but I understand it is helpful.)

For Latin reading, try 38 Latin Stories by Anne Groton. I have used it to check that I learned everything properly in each chapter, and the stories are entertaining if a bit clunky early on.

All the best,
William B.

elduce
Textkit Member

Post by elduce »

Usually I type "latin exercises" in the search window and choose from there, or "latin practice". I get some sites that I regularly use.

Vale
ego amo megaforce