Textkit Logo

Pronunciation of Latin

Are you learning Latin with Wheelock's Latin 6th Edition? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback.

Pronunciation of Latin

Postby Silvermage2574 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:01 am

Hello I am a first year Latin student and I have just finished chapter 8 in Wheelock's Latin textbook. The entire time I have been working on this I have been struggling with the pronunciation of the Latin. I was wondering if there was any website's that could help with that. Also what would be the best way to memorize all of the vocabulary in the book. If anyone could help that would be great, thanks!
Silvermage2574
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Pronunciation of Latin

Postby rothbard » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:45 am

Silvermage2574 wrote:Hello I am a first year Latin student and I have just finished chapter 8 in Wheelock's Latin textbook. The entire time I have been working on this I have been struggling with the pronunciation of the Latin. I was wondering if there was any website's that could help with that. Also what would be the best way to memorize all of the vocabulary in the book. If anyone could help that would be great, thanks!

If you are using the "reconstructed" pronunciation (which is what I think Wheelock uses), then I would recommend ThePrinceSterling's recordings of De Bello Gallico. Here is the link to the first book.
rothbard
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Wheelock's Latin