Grand Finale

Are you learning Latin with D'Ooge's Beginners Latin Book? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback and comments from others.
Mongoose42
Textkit Neophyte

Grand Finale

Post by Mongoose42 »

I am nearing the completion of my Latin studies in school for this year, but as I am self taught I have no available form of final test. I have worked through the first and second part of D'Ooge and am seeking a reasonably comprehensive Latin to English translation test.

Please post any suggestions on how to find/make a Latin final.

P.S. the advisor correcting any test doesn't know much Latin so an answer key is a nessecity.

Timothy
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Grand Finale

Post by Timothy »

Way to go! :D

Take the National Latin Exam. They go back to 97. PDF format and have keys. They have multiple levels in each package.

Google it and the site will pop up.

- Tim

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

I remember I read one of the Cicero passages on forseeing future (the one about Caesar and his worrying had he been informed of the plots against him etc.) it was very good, but quite difficult (not adapted at all) for a person just having finished D'Ooge. There were many crazy indirect speech conditionals ('futurum fuisse ut bene esset' style which we all adore!), so look at a composition grammar if you're planning on the level V VI NLE :wink: good luck

Mongoose42
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Mongoose42 »

Thank you, the past tests are exactly what I was looking for.