Textkit Logo

You guys seem fairly bright

Philosophers and rhetoricians, Welcome!

You guys seem fairly bright

Postby Turendil » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:08 am

Here's my question for all of the bright people out there. I have recently returned to school after a 5 year hiatus (is that a latin word btw?) and I would like to know why a lot of very intelligent professors that I have no longer seem to be curious about anything? Any ideas it seems that the more education a person recieves the less they are curious.
phpbb
Turendil
Textkit Fan

Postby dmlawhorne » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:11 am

Good Question. I am not fully sure why your professors are not curious about any thing. The process you described is quite the opposite with me. The more I learn, the more I want to learn and the more curious I get (given that I enjoy the topic of study). Maybe your professors have just lost general interest because they have been teaching for a very long time.
dmlawhorne
Textkit Neophyte

Postby dmlawhorne » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:16 am

Good Question. I am not fully sure why your professors are not curious about any thing. The process you described is quite the opposite with me. The more I learn, the more I want to learn and the more curious I get (given that I enjoy the topic of study). Maybe your professors have just lost general interest because they have been teaching for a very long time.
dmlawhorne
Textkit Neophyte

Return to The Academy