Textkit Logo

Investigation into Time and Reality

Philosophers and rhetoricians, Welcome!

Investigation into Time and Reality

Postby jamesbath » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:05 pm

The universe is in a high energy state of perpetual newness all the time. We live in and of this energy, in the only moment that ever is, the present. This is the pure innocent mind of infancy. This is when we are dazzled and awed by everything we see.

Then we learn to think. We translate real impressions into objects of thought. That is, we become more observant of recurring impressions. These impressions become increasingly substantial thoughts. We begin to arrange these thoughts into various orders. We begin to exercise reason. After that, we get lost in our thoughts. This is where we slowly construct the concepts of separation and of time.

Universitas in statu strenuo virtute​ novitatis perpetuae semper est. In hoc et uis habitamus, in solo tempore umquam est, nunc. Haec vita nova est mens infantiae puram. Quod est cum fascinati sunt per omne videmus.

Deinde discimus cogitare.​ Impressiones rerum interpretamus in ea cogitationis. Hoc est, nos magis observandum de impressionibus recurrens. Haec impressiones fiunt magis substantia cogitata. Cogitationes in varios ordines incipimus cogere. Incipimus exercere rationem. Deinde cogitationes nostrae nobis confundunt. Ubi est concepta separationis et temporis paulatim construimus.
jamesbath
Textkit Member

Re: Investigation into Time and Reality

Postby Kasper » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:42 am

Care Jacobe

Me paenitet tibi non prior scribuisse, at ab computere per festivos dies aberam.
Non tamen intellego clare quod supra (et prior!) scipsisti. Cur vel quomodo dicis universitatem semper novam esse? Quid hoc tibi nobisque confirmat?

Quamquam consentio nos modo in praesente vivere, ab hoc non sequitur modo ‘nunc’ existere. Dicisne omnem memoriam vel cogitationem priorum rerum falsam vel incertam esse?
Kasper
Textkit Zealot

Postby jamesbath » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Salve Kasper,

We do not live in time. Our world is beyond time. But sadly our reasoning creates the illusion of time. This is because we become overwhelmed by our thoughts.

Thoughts are constructed out of memories. Memories are the structural material of thinking. Example: To think of a bird is to remember what a bird looks like and how it acts. The memory becomes a symbol for later recollection about the same or similar ideas. The symbol becomes a word to use in written and spoken language. We do this with all natural things.

We make a word for everything. We are buried beneath words. We see only the words, although the sun still shines and the birds still sing.

The world is always fresh. Our thoughts are old.

-------

Non vivunt in tempore. Noster mundus est ultra tempus. Sed misere nostra cogitationes illusionem temporis creamus. Quia factus est obrutus nostrae cogitationes.

Cogitationes compositae ex memoriae sunt. Memoriae sunt structura materia cogitationum. Exemplum: Cogitare volucris est in memoriam revocare de qualitatibus avis. Symbolum memoria fit nam postea reminiscentia de eodem vel simili ideas. Signum fit verbo uti lingua vocali et scripto. Haec omnia naturalia facimus.

Facimus verbo omnia. Sepulti sumus sub verbis. Videmus tantum verba, cum tamen sol lucet adhuc cantare volucres.

Mundus ipse sit noui. Nostrae cogitationes antiquas.
jamesbath
Textkit Member

Postby jamesbath » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:19 pm

There does appear to exist a chronological sequence of events that people use when arguing in favor of the reality of time. But what precisely is a “chronological sequence of events”? The events we are lining up into a time sequence are only generalizations of actualities. These generalizations are not the actualities themselves.

Ordinem chronologicum rerum esse videtur, qui philosophos utuntur cum arguendo pro veritatem temporis. Sed quod est actu “chronologicum rerum seriem”? Res posita sunt in ordine modo abstracta qualitates de actualitatibus. Hae abstracta qualitates non sunt actualitates se.

Actualities are fused by nature into an unbroken continuum. The pattern-seeking abilities of our minds look for logically related impressions in this continuum and then describe them as chronological or spatial sequences of events. But these events are really only vague, mental thought-things, concepts, which we have synthesized from real experience. They are not real actual things that exist outside of thought.

Actualitates natura sunt indivisibiles. Omni pars continui. Exemplum quaerendum ingenia animorum nostrum exspectat ratione coniunctus impressionibus in hoc continuum, deinde describit eos sicut spatium vel chronologicum sequentis rerum. Sed his rebus tantum sunt incertum cogitationem de veris rebus, quae ab vera experientia fecimus. Non sunt extra existentia vera actu considerationis.

Post hanc... magis.
Iacobus Balneum
jamesbath
Textkit Member

Postby JamesEubank » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:59 am

Yeah, an experiment is necessary to make concept, after the thoughts were originated...
JamesEubank
Textkit Neophyte

Postby jamesbath » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:06 pm

JamesEubank wrote:Yeah, an experiment is necessary to make concept, after the thoughts were originated...

I suppose I am coming from a phenomenological point of view... but I'm serious about it, all the same.

Thanks for jumping in. It's been a long while since I've been at Textkit, and I have sincerely missed it. This wonderful website is never far from my thoughts. I will try to frequent it again, at least for another while; and this philosophical discussion is a great place to re-start my acquaintance.
jamesbath
Textkit Member

Return to The Academy