Greetings. I'm new. I am really only interested in brushing up my Latin skills, learned decades ago. I would appreciate any helpful hints about how to begin. In particular, I am trying to translate something for my son. A short poem, I believe. But this seems like a great place to learn and relearn an enjoyable language.
1. He led twenty horsemen, and coming forward asked where he might see the generals
2. On the fourth day I/they fled into the stronghold
3. And a reward (of) more than three minas was owed to the soldiers
4. For if we (at) once withdrew/distanced-ourselves two or three days’ journey, the enemy will not follow us
5. Indeed in such a manner did five generals, having ...
If I were to translate a paragraph from 38 Latin Stories and post my translation along with the Latin form from the book without accents, macrons and such, would the people who know Latin be ok to check over it still? I'm not sure how to type the accents over my letters on the keyboard, so it would just be plain spelling. I just wish the book would have the English translations of every practise ...